It’s a rainy day & I got off class at noon so I decided to go back to my apartment to make some blueberry muffins! Rainy cold weather makes me want to bake.
I basically picked 3 different recipes I found online, and mashed them all together. I also added some flavoring I think would enhance the taste. Here it is!
1 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/3 cup Almond milk
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1/4 cup butter, cubed (or applesauce, your own preference)
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Lemon Glazed Frosting:
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 to 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1. Preheat the own to 400F
2. Combine the whole wheat flour, sugar, salt and baking powder together.
3. In the dry bowl, combine the unsweetened applesauce, egg, almond milk, cinnamon and vanilla extract.
4. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet bowl and stir until well combined.
5. Gently pour in and mix your blueberries
6. Fill muffin cups till 3/4 and sprinkle the top 1/4 with crumb topping
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until done.
8. Check by poking a toothpick. If it comes out clean, they’re ready!
These muffins aren’t that sweet, so I made the lemon glazed frosting to add on top. You could always switch the brown sugar to regular sugar, or add an extra 1/4 cup of sugar or stevia.
Time to go study now.