Yes, it’s only two ingredients. Two very delicious, nutritious & healthy ingredients! Banana and oats. That’s it. It’s a perfect snack when you’re craving something sweet. I definitely have a sweet tooth. It’s hard to stay away from donuts, cookies and cakes! These cookies are a great alternative. Definitely not as sweet, but it’ll do.
When I found out about these cookies, I freaked out and had to make it sometime soon because oats & bananas are such common ingredients to have in any house (or at least in mine). My house always has like 30 bananas and 1-2 huge boxes of oats… yum. So excited to share this with you!
Recipe: (Makes six 3-inch cookies)
1 ripe banana (the more ripe, the sweeter)
1 cup of oats
Optional: raisins, cranberries, cinnamon, hint vanilla extract, honey
Add these if you would prefer it to be more sweet. The banana and oats are just sweet enough for me, but it might be different with other people!
3. Mush the 1 banana and 1 cup of oats (and whatever you decide to add) together with your hands in a bowl.
4. Scoop it onto a cookie sheet or foil. You can make them smaller or larger cookies. Whatever you like! I have six 3 inch cookies here.
5. Bake at 350F for 15-20 minutes, or until they are slightly golden.
6. Let the cookies chill for 5 minutes
7. And enjoy your cookies! Dang, that’s it. I made a batch last night & this morning as well. It barely took 5 minutes to prep before putting them in the oven. I was brushing my teeth while waiting for the cookies to bake 🙂
7. Leave them in a airtight container to be eaten within 2-3 days.
I had two of these cookies with my peanut butter power smoothie this morning! Such a great breakfast.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Serving Size: 2 cookies
Fat: 2 grams
Carbs: 28 grams
Dietary Fiber: 3.5 grams
Protein: 2.5 grams
To get the nutrition facts PER cookie, divide the numbers by two.
Wow, these cookies make me so happy. I can eat them for breakfast if I want. It almost doesn’t feel right to eat cookies for breakfast but it’s basically eating oatmeal with a banana. Haha, no guilt at all. Bananas are amazing. They’re great emulsifiers in baking.
TASTES SO AMAZING & WONDERFUL.