I made it banana flavored, but you can change it! Make it carrot, strawberry, blueberry, chocolate, whatever you like because there are people who don’t like bananas out there (aka my boyfriend). Hi Brandon 🙂
I woke up and saw that a bunch of the bananas I had at home were overripe. Banana cake? No, too much time. I have things to do & tests to study for. Banana mug cake in 5 minutes it is! & it’s sooo easy to make!
3 tbsp spelt, oat or white flour
a small pinch of salt
a small pinch of stevia OR 2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp + 2 tsp water
1 tbsp overriped smashed banana
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1. Get all your ingredients together! I need to put everything into one spot before I start anything or else I’ll go crazy trying to find everything.
2. Mix all your dry ingredients together in a bowl (flour, salt, stevia, baking powder). Then add in your wet ingredients (water, smashed banana, vanilla extract). Stir it all together.
3. Place it in a microwave safe cup. Microwave it until it comes clean when you stick in a toothpick. I microwaved my cake for 1 minute 15 seconds on high.
4. This is what it should look like after! Wait about 2-3 minutes for it to cool.
5. Slowly take it out of the cup & place it on a plate to eat! You can always just eat it out of the cup, so you don’t need to wash an extra dish :’) I sprinkled some honey on top!
6. Ready in literally 5 minutes. I didn’t finish using the whole banana so I just made a green smoothie as well!
The smoothie was 3/4 of my leftover banana, 1 cup spinach, 8 baby carrots and 1/2 cup almond milk. I don’t like eating spinach or carrots by itself 😦 So making this smoothie was perfect because I can’t taste it at all. The sweetness of fruits always takes over in smoothies. It’s a great way to sneak in some extra veggies!
& oops forgot to take a close-up picture of it opened up. I ate it too fast.
You can add a sweet topping spread:
Combine 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 2 tsp brown sugar, 2 tsp mashed banana, a pinch salt, 1 tsp more mashed banana.
Calories: 93 calories
Fat: 0.5 grams
Carbs: 20.6 grams
Dietary Fiber: 3.2 grams
Protein: 3.3 grams
Time for study! I have 2 midterms and a presentation this upcoming week. AHHH