I’m very weak when it comes to sweets. I need to resist completely. Once I have that first bite of a brownie, cookie or cupcake I NEED to eat the rest. So I usually just don’t take a bite at all. I wanted to look up a recipe that had the same texture as a brownie, with enough sweetness to satisfy my cravings :’)
Found it! Black bean brownies. Does it sound appetizing? Well, it is. The black beans gives it a fudgey texture, perfect. This is is a simple recipe you can put together in 5-10 minutes before putting it into the oven!
You can make these with little muffin tins like I did or bake it in a 8 x 8′ pan.
Ingredients: Makes 12 mini brownies
1 can black beans, drained & rinsed (15 oz)
2 whole ripe bananas
1/3 cup agave/honey
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup raw oats
1/4 cup raw sugar/sweetener (optional)
Optional: chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Grease your mini muffin tins or 8 x 8″ pan with some olive oil
3. Combine black beans, bananas, agave/honey, cocoa, cinnamon, vanilla extract, optional extra sweetener in a blender or food processor until smooth. Leave out the oats.
4. Pour out the batter into a bowl when it is smooth and mix in 1/4 cup oats. You may add more oats if it seems too fudgey.
5. After mixing, pour batter in the 8 x 8″ pan or into mini muffin tins.
6. Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Let it cool, they enjoy! It’s a great snack in between your meals.
Nutrition Facts PER MUFFIN:
Calories: 47 calories
Fat: 0.2 grams
Carbs: 10.5 grams
Dietary Fiber: 2.5 grams
Protein: 1.3 grams
Sugar: 5.1 grams
Add some chocolate frosting on top 😛