Recently, I learned how to make oat flour which is super easy! You just blend raw oats in a blender!! These muffins are a perfect healthy mid-day snack to satisfy that carb or sweet craving. It’s a great on-the-go breakfast as well 🙂
They’re naturally sweetened with honey and raisins. It doesn’t have any added sugars or oils. I replaced oil with unsweetened applesauce. However, if you wanted to switch out the applesauce, you can use 2 tbsp coconut oil which would change the calorie & fat content.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Baking Time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups oat flour (Just blend raw oats in a blender to make oat flour)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp honey
- 2/3 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 eggs
Recipe makes: 24 mini muffins or 12 large muffins
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- Spray your muffin tin with non-stick spray or wipe with a thin layer of olive oil.
- In a small bowl, mix dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, mix the liquid ingredients.
- Add the liquid mix into the dry ingredients and mix together.
- Add your 1/2 cup raisins and gently fold into batter.
- Fill each tin until 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 400F (check with a toothpick around 12-13 minutes)
Then, enjoy with some peanut butter, jam, ice cream, etc 🙂
Nutrition Facts Per Mini Muffin
Calories: 62 calories
Fat: 5.15 grams
Carbs: 11.75 grams
Dietary Fiber: 1.2 grams
Protein: 1.7 grams
Sugar: 5.41 grams