I’ve been making pancakes/waffles more often since I bought Kodiak cakes mix. Which is the BEST pancake mix ever (that I’ve tried so far). It has a clean ingredient list & high protein content. It tastes amazing!
Recipe Ingredients (Makes eight 3-inch round mini pancakes)
- 1 tsp coconut oil (for cooking in pan)
- 1/2 cup Kodiak Cakes Mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 medium banana
- Almond Milk (I used unsweetened vanilla)
- Handful of blueberries
- Sliced Almonds
- Whatever toppings your heart desires!
- First, make the banana compote which is simply just 1/2 a banana and splash of almond milk blended well. I used a magic blender.
- Then, turn your stovetop on medium heat & drizzle with coconut oil when hot.
- In a small bowl, mix 1/2 cup Kodiak cake mix with 1/2 cup water. Mix throughly, getting rid of any lumps.
- Smash 1/2 a banana and mix into the kodiak mixture. Mix well!
- Pour mixture into pan (amount depends on how big you want your pancakes to be)
- Cook each side for 15-20 seconds. Then remove from pan and put on a plate. Do this for all the pancakes until all the mixture is used up!
- Drizzle your pancakes with your banana compote (I warmed mine up on the stovetop). Add blueberries, nuts, whatever toppings you like!
- Enjoy your nutritious, healthy & protein packed breakfast 🙂
Without Toppings (Just the pancake mix, which includes 1/2 banana + splash almond milk)
Calories: 240 calories
Fat: 3 grams
Carbs: 42 grams
Dietary Fiber: 6 grams
Protein: 15 grams
With Toppings (banana compote, blueberries, sliced almonds, coconut oil for cooking)
Calories: 485 calories
Fat: 18 grams
Carbs: 69 grams
Dietary Fiber: 11 grams
Protein: 18 grams