Only 2 ingredients? Yes please. I’m all about that less ingredient life.
I love oatmeal <3 It’s a breakfast that I can be creative with! Simple oatmeal recipes can be played around with different flavors. I always let them soak overnight. I like warm oatmeal rather than cold out the fridge so I always heat it up on my stovetop in the morning! Then I top it with fresh fruit, peanut butter, seeds, nuts, etc. Whatever I’m feeling 🙂
Makes: 3 servings
1 serving = 3 bars
You can always make the full recipe and keep it in the fridge for 2-3 days. You don’t need to cook it all!
- 10 oz oatmeal (I used Purely Elizabeth Original Oats)
- 1 1/2 cup milk (I used Califia Farms almond milk)
- Optional Add ins: Fresh fruit puree, nut butter, PB2, honey/agave/coconut sugar, protein powder, etc (I added peanut butter & coconut sugar)
- My Toppings: banana coins, strawberries, raspberries, pumpkin seeds, coconut shavings, sliced almonds, peanut butter, maple syrup
Include your add-ins when you are soaking overnight!
This recipe is originally from the Purely Elizabeth Cookbook.
It’s crispy on the outside & the perfect consistency on the inside. It’s not like overnight oats texture. It’s like a warm crispy healthy oatmeal bar. So delicious! It’s like a Quaker Chewy bar consistency 🙂
Looking at these pictures make me want to make them again. What a perfect breakfast that I’m cravinnnnnng right now.
- Soak 10 oz oats and 1 1/2 cup almond milk overnight for at least 6-8 hours in a loaf pan or 4 x 8 pan. Include your add-ins to soak overnight with the oats + milk if you want any. If you include liquid add ins (honey, agave, etc) you should decrease the milk a bit.
- In the morning cut them into bars or desired shape (they shouldn’t be super flimsy but it’s not that hard where you can’t alter the shape).
- Preheat pan with coconut oil & when hot, gently place oatmeal bars on pan.
- Pan sear for 3-5 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
- Flip onto other side for 3-5 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with fresh fruit, maple syrup, PB, or your desired toppings!
Nutrition Facts Per Serving – 3 oatmeal bars (Just the bars, not including toppings)
Calories: 148 calories
Fat: 4 grams
Carbs: 23 grams
Protein: 6 grams