HAPPY SUNDAY! ❤ I came back from church & decided to bake again! I didn’t start off with any amount of ingredients in mind. I just looked around to see what I had and put everything on a table & thought about what combinations were required to bake a good muffin. Hmmm, berry and coconut. YES.
It’s fun experimenting with what I think works well together as well as how much a of a certain ingredient a recipe needs to produce a tasty and quality product.
Recipe Yield: 12 mini muffins
Here are the ingredients I used.
- 1/4 cup oat flour (I blended up raw oats
- 1 scoop vega berry protein (29 gram scoop)
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds (Trader Joes)
- 1/2 tbsp golden roasted flaxseed (Trader Joes)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 ripe banana (mine were frozen so I let it defrost for 30 minutes before using)
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp cashew milk
- Dried coconut flakes (a small handful)
NOW, let’s get to it and get BAKINNNN.
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Mix together oats, baking powder, protein powder, hemp seeds & flax seeds together until well incorporated.
3. Add banana into mixture until there are no clumps, then add the almond milk.
4. Sprinkle each muffin with coconut flakes.
5. Brush muffin tin with coconut oil (other oils or spray works as well).
6. Pour batter into tins until 3/4 full.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
ANOTHER EASY RECIPE!! WOO! I’m about that life because I like getting things done quickly & efficiently.
I also made my 3 ingredient cookies again but added 2 scoops of chocolate protein instead, added some cashew milk & topped it with sliced almonds. They’re also bigger because sometimes mini sized cookies aren’t as fun 😛
These two will last me the week! Hopefully… haha I need my sweet tooth cravings to be satisfied because I’ve been resorting to ice cream and chocolate way too often. It’s okay in moderation but I’ve been having it almost everyday 😦
Nutrition Facts: 1 mini muffin
Calories: 39 calories
Fat: .8 grams
Carbs: 4.5 grams
Protein: 2.5 grams