I’ve been baking almost every other day because I’m just having so much fun just messing around with recipes. I need to take a quick break because I don’t have time to eat it all, haha!
Today, I mashed together 3 black bean brownie recipes I found online & added some of my own ingredients and this was the result! I’ve made a Black Bean Brownie Bites recipe in the past in mini muffin tins. This is a different recipe. I would say more delicious 🙂
Recipe Yields: 16 2-inch brownies
- 1 15 oz canned black beans (drained & rinsed)
- 4 tbsp coconut oil (softened)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup honey/agave/maple syrup
- 4 egg whites (or 2 whole eggs) – vegans can use flax eggs
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- handful chocolate chips & coconut flakes
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Grease an 8×8 baking pan.
- With a food processor or powerful blender (I used a Nutri Ninja), blend together black beans, honey, coconut sugar & coconut oil.
- When it’s all well incorporated, add in egg whites, cacao powder, vanilla extract, salt & baking powder. Blend until smooth.
- Pour batter in your baking pan
- Top with mini chocolate chips or diced up dark chocolates.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean from the center.
- Let it cool & then cut it into squares and enjoy!!
Make sure you don’t overbake these! It might be soft when you take it out but it’ll be better when it cools.
Store them in the fridge after they are cooled. Heat them up in the microwave for 10 seconds before eating 🙂
Nutrition Facts: 2-inch square brownie (Recipe makes 16 squares)
Calories: 104 calories
Fat: 4.7 grams
Carbs: 13.5 grams
Protein: 3 grams
Sugar: 7.5 grams