I’ve been on a baking trend recently!! 😛 I love using bananas and oats as the base of my cookie recipes. It’s simple, easy and healthy! Every time, I tweak the recipe a bit and add a little bit of that or that to see if I like it better 🙂 always an experiment in the kitchen. It’s fun!
Yesterday, I woke up and had breakfast with my boyfriend. I got my basic egg white veggie omelet with toast & fresh fruit. It’s one of my favorite kinds of breakfast because it’s got my dose of healthy carbs, protein & fats. Breakfast is important! I never skip it 🙂 After, I stopped by Trader Joes to buy some raisins. The ones I bought have no added sugars or added sulfur dioxide (a preservative). It’s only naturally sundried raisins!
I decided to make chocolate oatmeal raisin cookies before heading to soul cycle with some BBG girls! It took only 20 minutes from prep to finish!
Recipe Yields: 15 medium sized cookies
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup whole oats
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 scoops Ground Based Nutrition Dark Chocolate protein powder (30 g)
- 2 medium ripe bananas (we want that black spotting)
- 1/4 cup raisins
Yes, I know. I need a real baking spoon and bowl soon!!
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Line your baking tray with parchment paper
- In 1 bowl, mix together oat flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon & protein powder.
- When well incorporated, add in bananas and mash well. You can use your hands or a masher. Don’t go too crazy with the mixing because the more you mix, the less it rises and bakes a flat cookie. Be gentle!
- Slowly fold in the raisins
- Use a tbsp scooper and scoop batter onto parchment paper 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Let it cool at room temperature before eating or… eat it warm and fresh! It’s a bit soft when it first comes out hot but when you let it cool it’ll harden.
Store in room temperature in a airtight container. Eat within 2-3 days (or less if you’re me). I honestly like then when they’re cold right out the fridge 🙂
Nutrition Facts: 1 cookie
Calories: 43 calories
Fat: .4 grams
Carbs: 8.6 grams
Protein: 1.8 grams