Happy Sunday! I woke up at 5 AM and I was so hungry… so I ate two mini muffins & then went back to sleep 🙁 Then I woke up at 8 AM and was starving again so I made myself some pancakes since that was what I planned for breakfast today. I made an easy & simple recipe which only took 10 minutes!
Recipe Yields: 9 mini pancakes
- 1/2 cup flour (wheat, white, spelt, oat all work)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Small sprinkle of salt
- Small sprinkle of ceylon cinnamon (optional)
- 1/8 tsp almond extract (optional)
- 1/2 cup water/choice of milk (If needed, add more to get a batter consistency)
- Mix together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon & almond extract.
- Add in 1/2 cup water/milk and GENTLY fold batter. Don’t over mix.
- Heat your pan to medium heat & coat with 1 tsp coconut oil.
- When heated up, pour batter onto pan.
- Cook first side until it slightly bubbles and then flip to cook the other side for just 5-10 seconds.
That’s it!! Devour those pancakes!
To make the blackberry sauce, just use a metal fork to mash your blackberries! That’s it! If you want, you can mix in some maple syrup to make it more runny but I like the natural sugar blackberries already have 🙂 I wanted to add some contrasting color to the blackberries so I added pumpkin seeds!
Nutrition Facts: Just the Pancakes (no blackberries/pumpkin seeds)
Calories: 204 calories
Carbs: 43 grams
Protein: 8 grams
Fat: 2 grams
Sugar: 0 grams