It’s avocado season.
It’s 2 for $1 at Sprouts?
Must buy lots of avocados.
*Goes home and realizes I bought way too many many & can’t finish all of them in time*
I like brownies.
I will make brownies.
I will use this extra ripe avocado.
I had to make this recipe a second time with some extra changes to make it a little better and I must say they turned out the second round! NOW, I need someone to eat them all. Who volunteers?
I love how avocado is such a great replacement for butter! Avocados packs a bunch of nutrients in just 1 fruit and has more Potassium than a banana! It include many vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin B5, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K & Folate!
Avocados are great on toast, in sandwiches & salads. BUT ALSO brownies!! Um, yes please!! You need to try this recipe out.
I used this Natural Citizen Protein Powder! USE Code “WINNIESBALANCE” for $10 off your order!
Recipe Yields: 24 squares
- 1 medium avocado
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 entire Shine Organics – Elevate Pouch (You can also use 1/2 cup fruit puree/sweetened applesauce)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 egg whites
- 1/2 cup Natural Citizen Protein Powder (Or other chocolate/plain protein powder)
- USE Code “WINNIESBALANCE” for $10 your order!
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Chocolate chips or diced up chocolate bar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a blender/food processor combine avocado, maple syrup, fruit puree and vanilla extract.
- Pour mixture into mixing bowl & add in egg whites. Whisk together.
- Add in protein powder, coconut flour, cacao powder, sea salt and baking soda & mix well. If desired, gently fold in chocolate chips .
- Grease a 8 x 8 baking pan & pour batter in evenly. If desired, sprinkle some chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let brownies cool for 15-20 minutes before cutting them up!
Nutrition Facts: Per Square
Calories: 41 calories
Carbs: 5.5 grams
Protein: 2.7 grams
Fat: 1.5 grams
Sugar: 3.1 grams