I made this recipe the other day at work & I HAD to recreate it. It originally had 4 ingredients but I change 2 of them & added an extra ingredient! STILL SUPER GOOD.
It’s naturally sweetened with honey!! It can be made vegan if you switch it out for maple syrup 🙂
Recipe Yields: 8 squares (Around 2.5 x 3 each)
- 1 cup mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (or any nut butter of choice)
- 2 tbsp natural honey
- 5 tbsp Natural Citizen Vegan Protein (USE WINNIESBALANCE for $10 off your orders)
- 1/4 cup cacao powder (you can use cocoa powder as well)
- OPTIONAL: chocolate chips (I used EnjoyLife vegan dark chocolate chips)
The drizzle I made was just raw cashew butter mixed with melted coconut oil 🙂
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Cook your mashed potato.
- In a medium bowl, mix together nut butter & honey.
- Microwave mixture for 30 seconds.
- Stir together until it has a slightly runny consistency.
- Add in your cacao powder, protein powder & mashed sweet potatoes into the same medium bowl.
- Mix all 4-5 ingredients together together.
- Grease a 9 x 5 pan & press mixture down into pan until evenly distributed.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let it cool completely before cutting into squares.
Nutrition Facts: Per square piece
Calories: 158 calories
Carbs: 17 grams
Fat: 7.5 grams
Protein: 7.3 grams
Sugar: 7 grams
Recipe adapted from: TheBigMansWorld