I love egg muffins. It’s easy to substitute ingredients in & out according to my preferences. They’re convenient, delicious and I can get creative with it!
This is such an easy recipe. You put all the ingredients into 1 bowl, mix it up & bake. I love recipes like this!! Sometimes I just don’t have the time or don’t want to put in the effort to make complicated things y’know? 😛
HERE YA GO. Recipe is below 🙂 now go make it because you won’t regret it!
- 1/2 cup cooked Ancient Grain Quinoa
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup protein of choice(ground meat, bacon, ham, tofu, tempeh, etc – I used shrimp
- 3/4 cup chopped up broccoli
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese (I used lactose free almond cheese)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Sprinkle of garlic powder
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Add all ingredients together and mix well.
- Pour into muffin tin until 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle more cheese on top if desired!
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Let it cool for 10-15 minutes & enjoy!! They can be packed as a quick breakfast or mid-day snack 🙂 They can also be kept in the freezer & reheated before eating.
Nutrition Facts: 10 mini muffins
Calories: 44 calories
Carbs: 4 grams
Protein: 3.5 grams
Fat: 1.6 grams