I was skeptical when I heard using cauliflower for rice was a good replacement. I thought, “NAAH, don’t wanna try” because it wouldn’t taste good. Why not just use rice?? Well, I was wrong! I mean, it’s definitely not the same mouthfeel, texture or taste but it can still be made into a healthy low-carb dish! I’ve been using riced cauliflower a lot recently because I like how I can eat such a large bowl of it & not feel super full. More volume of food 🙂
I bought my riced cauliflower in the freezer section at Trader Joes. Recently, they ran out so I bought a head of cauliflower myself & had it chopped up in my NutriNinja.
-4 cups riced cauliflower
-3 oz tempeh
-2 tbsp tamari
-3 handfuls spinach
-1/2 cup grape tomatoes
-1/2 cup bean sprouts
-1/4 cup onions
-2 cloves minced garlic
-Salt & Pepper to taste
-Any additional spices (curry powder, cumin, red pepper flakes, etc)
1. Preheat pan to high heat & when hot, coat with olive oil.
2. Chop up tempeh into cubes, marinate with tamari & pan fry until slightly golden brown. Then remove from pan.
3. Coat pan with a little more cooking oil & saute the minced garlic for 1-2 minutes.
4. Add riced cauliflower, bean sprouts & onions. Cook for 2 minutes.
5. Add spinach & grape tomatoes. Cook for 1 minute.
6. When everything is mixed together, add your condiments, add in cooked tempeh & stir-fry everything together.
Done! That’s it! You can be creative with your toppings & add whatever veggies or protein you like the most 🙂 Let me know if you decide to try out cauliflower fried rice! Or if you’ve tried it before, what are your favorite things to add?