Hi, hello! Last week I tried out BulletProof coffee for the first time & I must say, I was hooked. I stumbled upon them after eating at Cafe Gratitude! My friend & I were going to drive somewhere else to grab coffee but as I was getting into the car I saw the words “Bulletproof Coffee” & got instantly excited since I’ve heard so many great things about this place!
When entering, I was expecting some usual but good specialty coffee. However, their menu shocked me, IN A GOOD WAY! Such a unique & healthy way to make coffee! They focus on using butter & oil in their coffee so it is more heavy and rich than your typical coffee drink. First of all, everything is made in house. I asked what brand of collagen they use (because I like to know where my products come from) & they said they make it all themselves!
I got the CoffeePlus Protein (coffee, brain octane oil, grass fed butter & collagen). The worker told me the oil is apparently 10x stronger than regular coconut oil. They said told me it’s not like regular coffee where it gives you a burst of energy only to have you crash quickly. The coffee here gives you increased energy that sustains you throughout the day.
^ words taken from my yelp revew :’) so no plagiarism here!
Anyways, since then I’ve been trying to make a similar recipe at home. I’ve played around with several ingredients & amounts and I’m glad to say I found one I liked!
Here are all the ingredients I used.
1. Stumptown Coffee – This is the only coffee I drink now!
2. Ceylon Cinnamon – I use this over cassia cinnamon. Why? Not all cinnamon is created equally. I use cinnamon everyday so I resort to the one with higher quality. Both of them are healthy but regular cassia cinnamon contains a toxin that can be harmful if you have too much.
3. Ghee Butter – This is made from butter but prepared differently. It’s boiled and strained to remove the milk solids so it’s free of lactose & casein! Perfect for me since I have dairy insensitivities.
4. Vital Proteins Collagen – I started taking collagen recently. Collagen is an abundant protein in the body so taking it will help with skin, hair, joint, bone & nail health. It’s good for ya!
5. New Barn Unsweetened Almond Milk – Only 4 ingredients. Organic Almondmilk (Spring Water, Organic Almonds), Organic Acacia Gum, Sea Salt. THAT’S IT. They don’t add a bunch of preservatives like other brands. The fat content is also 7g which proves there’s a higher percentage of almonds in this milk. Other brands have a lower fat content because it’s more preservatives, stabilizers & water than almonds. This is legit guys.
-Stumptown House Blend Coffee
-1/2 cup New Barn Unsweetened Almond Milk
-2-3 tsp Fourth & Heart Vanilla Bean Ghee Butter
-2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen – Unsweetened
-1 tsp Vanilla Extract
-Sprinkle of Ceylon Cinnamon
1. Brew about 2-3 tbsp coffee with every 1 1/2 cups water.
2. Blend together coffee, almond milk, ghee butter, collagen, vanilla extract & ceylon cinnamon until foamy/frothy.
3. Pour into your cup and enjoy!