I’m all about those breakfast foods. Waffles, pancakes, oatmeal, cereal bowls, eggs, etc. You name it ALL – I love it! I got a Lodge Cast Iron from a friend for Christmas but I never used it until now. I decided to make a frittata this morning for the first time. I’m trying to make a bigger variety of egg dishes instead of just omelets and scrambles. Eggs are such a versatile ingredient! Btw, is it omelet or omelette? LOL I’m not sure – I’ll stick with omelet.
Some days, I crave sweet – others days, savory. This morning was definitely a savory morning! I had a bunch of groceries delivered the beginning of this week from Milk and Egg so I was stocked up with all the freshest produce! I love the colors in this dish. Red, green yellow, orange and yellow. So pretty!
Anyways, a little talk about how work has been. It’s been good!! I’m slowly getting use to how everything is ran. I’m learning about my patients more. Everyday at work is something I can only prepare for to a certain extent. Everyday is so different – depending on how my patients react. It gets hard at times – but I find a lot of joy working in a eating disorder treatment center. It’s such a blessing. It’s amazing seeing people reach out for help and going through treatment. Some people take longer than others but in the end – they’re going through treatment to recover and that’s what matters most. Each person is different and on their own path. A path to recovery <3
Prep Time: 10 minutes / Cook Time: 25 minutes / Total Time: 35 minutes
Recipe Yields: 6 servings
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 8 whole eggs
- 1 cup red and yellow bell peppers
- 2 cups raw spinach
- ½ cup mushroom
- ½ cup yellow summer squash
- ½ cup halved grape tomatoes
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat over to 375 F.
- Beat 8 eggs together with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Heat up your cast iron on the stovetop with olive oil – add in your veggies & cook until lightly browned – season more according to preference.
- Pour in egg mixture. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer cast iron skillet into preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes, then broil for 5 minutes until the top gets browned.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes before cutting into 6 pieces. Serve with side of toasted bread and fresh fruit!
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice
Calories: 130 calories
Carbs: 6 grams
Protein: 9 grams
Fat: 8 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Sugar: 2 grams