I need my pancake fix at least once a week. It’s usually saved for those mornings I either get in an early workout or have extra time in the morning. Otherwise, I make quick simple breakfasts like toast or overnight oats!
I tend to eat my pancakes SO dang quickly because.. it’s so good. I need to remind myself to eat more mindfully. I need to listen to my fullness signals. I tend to overeat in the morning because either I’m hungry, it’s post-workout or just simply the fact that I haven’t eaten anything for the day yet. I’ve been rating my hunger on a scale from 1-10 and then rate it again after I finish eating. Also, acknowledging how the food tastes rather than just devouring everything is important! Let’s be intuitive eaters ya? 🙂
I added a side of yogurt, kiwi and cacao nibs!
Topped with blackberries, shredded coconut and almond butter drizzle!
Recipe Yields: 5 pancakes (1/4 cup batter each)
-1 cup oat flour (I just grounded up whole oats)
-1/2 tsp coconut sugar
-2 tsp baking powder
-1 tbsp cacao powder
-2 tsp coconut oil
-1/2 cup milk of choice (I used cashew milk)
-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Mix all dry ingredients together (oat flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, cacao powder)
2. In a separate bowl, mix together wet ingredients (egg, coconut oil milk, vanilla extract)
3. Add dry to wet ingredients and whisk together.
4. Heat up your pancake griddle & spray with cooking spray.
5. Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop batter onto pan.
6. When starting to bubble and sides start to cook (~1 min), flip and cook on the other side for 30 seconds.
Cooking times may vary!
Enjoy these pancakes! I’ll be making these again for sure since it’s SO easy!