Sweet potatoes are one of my favorite foods because it’s so versatile! It can be roasted into fries, baked whole, mashed and used in my Sweet Potato Brownies which is basically a staple in my diet. Sweet potatoes can also be sliced, roasted & be used as “toast”. For this recipe, I roasted them the night before & reheated them up in the morning!
I made two kinds – all about that variety!
This middle one has a spread of peanut butter, sliced bananas, hemp seeds and obviously… more nut butter on top!
The two on the sides are the same. Vanilla skyr yogurt, persimmons, pomegranates & cacao nibs!
TIME TO DIG IN.
Recipe Yields: 2 servings | Prep Time: 5 minutes | Bake Time: 25-30 minutes
- 1 medium sweet potato (Makes about 4 slices)
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1-2 tbsp peanut butter (I obviously went for the 2 tbsp amount)
- 1 banana
- 4 oz vanilla skyr yogurt (any yogurt works)
- 1 persimmon
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- Hemp seeds + cacao nibs (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Slice sweet potatoes into 1/4-1/2 inch thickness – lengthwise.
3. Coat sweet potatoes in 2 tsp melted coconut oil. Bake for 25-30 minutes. They may need more or less time depending on how thick the slices are.
4. Add peanut butter + banana on one slice. Add yogurt + persimmon + pomegranate seeds on another slice. Sprinkle hemp seeds and cacao nibs for extra crunch!
You wouldn’t want to wait too long before eating them or else they’ll get cold. They’re best warm right out the oven + after adding your toppings!
**I recommend to slice sweet potatoes up ahead of time & bake them the night before. That way, prep time in the morning is saved! I just reheat them up in a toaster oven the morning of 🙂
Nutrition Facts: 2 slices (1 nut butter, 1 yogurt)
Calories: 415 calories
Carbs: 41 grams
Protein: 15 grams
Fat: 19 grams