I’ve been on a taco and quesadilla kick so I had to whip these up! I had a bunch of avocados sitting on my counter waiting for me to use them.. so this recipe was born!
Keep scrolling for this super duper easy recipe 🙂
I’m lactose intolerant so I can only have a minimal amount of dairy/cheese before I get bad symptoms. I LOVE quesadillas so I had to make it work.
Recipe Yields: 1 servings | Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 1 large tortilla (I used 2 Sietefoods cassava & chia tortillas)
- 2 oz boiled & shredded chicken breast
- 1 whole avocado
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup diced bell peppers
- Nutritional yeast (to taste)
- Cilantro (for garnish)
- Salsa of choice
1. Bring a pot of water to boil, add chicken & turn down to medium heat. Boil for several minutes until chicken is done.
2. Shred chicken up and place to the side.
3. Take your tortilla and spread the avocado on just half the tortilla.
4. Preheat a large pan & spray with cooking spray or add 1/2 tsp butter/oil. Don’t add too much oil to the pan or else that will lead to a soggy quesadilla.
5. Add shredded chicken, tomatoes, bell peppers & nutritional yeast to taste on the same half of the avocado side.
6. Let it cook for 1-2 minutes until crispy.
7. Transfer to a cutting board and if serving immediately, slice into wedges. Top with cilantro & serve with sides of salsa/guacamole/sour cream!
These can be saved for later! Just wrap them up in foil and place in your fridge for up to 2 days. Warm them up in the toaster oven for 5-10 minutes when you’re ready to eat them.
If you try any other variation, let me know 🙂 I’m always down to try new kinds of quesadillas!
Nutrition Facts: 1 chicken avocado quesadilla
Calories: 430 calories
Carbs: 30 grams
Protein: 24 grams
Fat: 26 grams