Recently, I’ve been on a sandwich kick! Smoked salmon, tuna and sliced turkey have been my go-to’s for proteins. I’ve been adding sliced cheese, avocado or mustard as the spreads. I also add some baby spinach for some added veggies. It’s always so satisfying! Crusty artisan bread is one of my favorites breads to use in sandwiches like this because it’s chewy. I use to ONLY like soft bread but now I’m drifting towards the crusty kind, especially sourdough!
Recipe Yields: 1 serving | Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 2 slices artisan bread (i used baby boule bread from Sprouts)
- 1 can tuna (5 oz)
- 2 tbsp mayo (i used Primal Kitchen’s avocado oil mayo)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup diced green bell peppers
- Sprinkle of salt + pepper
- 1 cup raw baby spinach
- 1 slice cheese (I used vegan cheese)
- 2 slices roma tomato
1. Mix together tuna, mayo, lemon juice, bell peppers and salt/pepper!
2. Add sliced cheese tomato and spinach on one side of the toast. On the same side, add 1/4 cup of tuna mixture.
3. Add other slice of bread on top. Butter both sides of bread.
4. On a heated pan or sandwich press, cook both sides of sandwich until cheese is melted.
Serve with side of warm soup for a cozy meal – enjoy! I’d love to know other variations you try! 🙂