It’s fall!! That means it’s time for cozy knit sweaters, fuzzy socks, scarves, hot soups/chilis and seasonal lattes! I think fall is officially my favorite season because of all the colors and warm vibes. Pumpkin flavors are also my favorite – anything from pumpkin bread, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin lattes & well… almost everything. I love incorporating them into my breakfast foods – such as oatmeal, pancakes, waffles, etc.
Also, life has been stress off the roofs right now. Work has been hard – it’s mentally and emotionally exhausting. Working with eating disorder patients is not easy. It takes a lot of energy, compassion & patience. It’s very rewarding though! I’m taking the GRE in a month and with my trips to Chicago & Portland coming up – the clock is ticking. I also have to get going on my Master’s applications ASAP. So many things to worry about and so little time. I’m trying to make sure I have time to rest but it’s hard when my to-do list basically never ends.
I’m reminding myself over and over again of this verse. God is sovereign at all times. In the midst of my hardships, God is in control! Being anxious is NOT going to add an extra hour into my days.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Recipe Yields: 2 servings | Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup quick-cooking raw oats
- 1 cup almond milk (or other milk of choice)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (canned works)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Sauteed Apples: 1/2 cup diced apples, 2 tsp ghee butter
- Toppings: persimmon, pumpkin seeds, coconut, pumpkin spice almond butter
1. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add together oats, almond milk & pumpkin puree together. Cook and stir for 5 minutes.
2. Add in maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg & vanilla extract and remove from heat.
3. In a small saucepan, saute together 1/2 cup diced apples & 2 tsp vanilla bean ghee (I use Fourth & Heart).
4. Add apples and persimmon into bowl.
5. Sprinkle with shredded coconut, pumpkin seeds.
6. Add a pool for nut butter of choice. Add more maple syrup if you want it sweeter!