I’ve never had a stuffed sweet potato until 2 weeks ago. I’ve been meaning to try it but after having it for the first time, I KNEW it wasn’t the last. It’s super easy to make too! You just need to bake the sweet potato which takes about 30-45 minutes depending on size. What you stuff it with? Up to you but the more the better.
Go on. Scroll down to find out how I prepped my sweet potato in the baking oven the night before. That way, it’s ready in the morning for breakfast. I just heat it up in the oven again for 10 minutes before stuffing it with all the goods!
Servings: 1 // Cook Time: ~45 minutes // Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 tbsp olive/avocado oil or ghee
- 1 cup vanilla greek yogurt (I used kite hill)
- 3 sliced strawberries + 1/2 of a sliced banana
- 2-3 tbsp peanut butter (any nut/seed butter works too)
- 1/4 cup granola (I used elemental superfood crumble)
- If desired (for the sake of time), prep your sweet potato the day before eating it. Wash and clean the sweet potato.
- Poke holes all over with a fork. No need to poke too far in – just enough to let air through.
- Brush the entire sweet potato with oil/ghee.
- Wrap it loosely with foil (so air can still go through)
- Bake at 425F for ~45 minutes.
- Depending on how big or small your sweet potato is, it’ll take less or more time. To check doneness, use the same fork and poke into the same holes.
- In the morning, reheat in the oven or microwave (remember remove the foil if you do so).
- Stuff with greek yogurt, sliced strawberries, bananas, lots of peanut butter & granola/crumble!
Merry Christmas everyone! ❤