If you haven’t realized by now, I love all things chocolate. Chocolate bars, brownies, chocolate ice cream, chocolate chip cookies and also these CHOCOLATE PROTEIN BALLS! My favorite thing is that they’re no bake. I love making little bites like this so when the hanger hits, I can have a quick snack!
Also, I love adding collagen to some of my baked goods for a kick of protein! I’ve been taking collagen since March 2017. No lie, my hair grows SO quickly. People at work have commented multiple times on how long my hair grew in just a few months. My friends I haven’t seen since the beginning of the year mentioned how my hair was so long! I didn’t even realize it until I had people commenting on it – thank you collagen. Haha, of course this won’t work for everyone. I’ve had some friends who didn’t the same results from taking collagen. Remember, listen to your body and how it responds!
I made a batch of these and they were gone in 2 days. My mom and brother were all over them. My mom took the entire container I had them in and brought it to work. I freaked out because I thought I misplaced them. She came home with the container… and there were literally 3 left. She brought them to work to share with her coworkers LOL she said they all loved them. It made me so happy!
On to the recipe! Scroll down for details!
Servings: 20 // Prep Time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup NuttZo Paleo chocolate power fuel*
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 scoops collagen peptides (I used vital proteins)
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Melted chocolate (to drizzle on top)
- Combine the 7 ingredients in a mixing bowl (oat flour, nuttzo chocolate power fuel, maple syrup, cacao nibs, chia seeds, collagen peptides, almond milk).
- Roll into balls, about 1 inch in diameter.
- Sprinkle cinnamon & drizzle melted chocolate all over.
- Place on parchment paper and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes before enjoying!
*I used NuttZo paleo chocolate power fuel. Any other chocolate nut butter would work too!
**Store in a airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week!