Did you ever have those packaged cereal bars as a kid? I still remember my favorite ones were the honey nut cheerios and cinnamon toast crunch bars! But the golden grahams, that was my GO TO!! I remember buying a large boxes from Costco and having them as breakfasts/snacks when I was a kid. Well, I’m an adult now. I decided to make my own & use cashew butter. Cashew butter is one of my favorite nut butter spreads – it’s creamy and has a mild subtle taste! Here’s to adult breakfast cereal bars!!
Um, yes please!
Scroll down for the recipe!
Obviously my cutting skills aren’t too on-point. They aren’t straight. Please excuse my poor skills LOL
Recipe Yields: 12 square bars // Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal (I used One Degree Organics)
- 1/4 cup brown rice syrup*
- 1/2 cup cashew butter**
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup silvered almonds (optional)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 12 cashews (to top each square)
- Prepare a 8×8 baking pan w/ parchment paper, leaving some hanging on side like a handle.
- Add crispy rice cereal into a medium mixing bowl.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine maple syrup, cashew butter, coconut oil, vanilla extract and salt. Stir until smooth and creamy.
- Remove from heat and pour into the medium bowl w/ the crispy rice. Stir until cereal is evenly coated.
- Add chocolate chips and silvered almonds (if using).
- Spread mixture evenly across the pan, using your hands to push it down if needed.
Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Remove bars once set and cut into 12 square bars.
- They can be placed on the countertop but taste best refrigerated!
*Brown rice syrup works best. Maple syrup and honey works too but doesn’t seem to bind as well.
**Any other nut butter works well.