I love meatballs! It’s hard to find a meatball recipe without breadcrumbs. First of all, those two ingredients are used as a binder so the meatball doesn’t fall apart and can actually form a ball. I finally perfected this recipe and the main binder here is an egg and some nut cheese! I’ve been making it as my go-to recipe for the past several months. I change it up by adding different veggies in every time I make it!
Recipe Yields: 15 meatballs // Serving Size: 3 meatballs
Prep Time: 15 minutes // Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup vegan cheese* (I used parmela creamery)
- 2 cups veggies of choice (I used bell peppers, spinach & shredded carrots)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line 8 x 8 baking tray with parchment paper.
- While waiting for the oven to preheat, in a medium bowl, add turkey, egg, vegan cheese, veggies and spices/seasonings. Mix well.
- Shape and roll them into 1 inch sized balls (about the size of a golfball).
- Preheat a large pan & coat pan with olive oil.
- Add meatballs and cook until all sides are golden brown.
- Move to pan & let it cook in the oven for another 10-15 minutes.
- Double check the internal temperature and make sure it reaches 165 F.
*Can be subbed with any shredded cheese!