I SUBMITTED MY DIETETIC INTERNSHIP APPS yesterday!!! I am so dang happy. It feels weird not to think about working on them anymore. These past months… it was all I did. It would always be on my mind. Always thinking about when I will have more time to work on them or what I plan to finish for the day. It feels a bit off but I like it! At least I have more time to do other things now 🙂 I get to make more recipes and spend more time for self-care.
Even simple errands like cleaning my room, doing laundry, washing my car and getting groceries were hard to do these last couple weeks. IT WAS ROUGH but it’s over now.
During the entire process I had to remind myself of Proverbs 16:9. “The heart of man plans his steps, but the Lord establishes them”. This was a verse that is very applicable to my life because I’m such a planner. I like to know what’s ahead. I set deadlines, create a timeline and have expectations. When I get kicked off my schedule, I freak out. I get uncomfortable and it bothers me like crazy. I feel like I lose it. Haha no lie.. I do stick as close to my planned schedule in order to get things done in time! But I needed to constantly remind myself that I have these plans towards my future career, future family and future plans in general. However, it’s God that establishes them. This means He will be the only one who decides if it will happen or not. If yes, well that’s GREAT!! If not, it means there is something else in store. Something better. Something greater. Something that will bring me closer to Him. Something that I will be happy with because it aligns with His plans for my life.
Overall, this process has taught me SO SO much.
Anyways, off to this recipe!!
Growing up, I ate a lot of Reese’s cups but I upgraded them here. I love crunchy textures so I added some cacao nibs into them. I also added chia seeds for some added fiber & fats!
Recipe Yields: 16 mini cups
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs
- Prepare muffin liners on a muffin tray.
- In a small pot on low heat, mix together coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Turn off heat & mix in the cacao powder.
- Using a 1 teaspoon measuring spoon, scoop 2 tsp of the chocolate mixture from the pot into each muffin liner.
- Wait 10-15 minutes for it to solidify. You can put it in the freezer to speed it up.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together peanut butter, chia seeds and cacao nibs.
- Scoop 2 tsp of the peanut butter mixture on top of the first chocolate layer.
- Add another 2 tsp of the chocolate mixture on top of the peanut butter layer.
- Place in freezer for at least 30 minutes.
*I find these to be best left in the freezer instead of the fridge. Just take them out of the freezer, wait 1-2 minutes and they’ll be good to enjoy! 🙂