It was Valentine’s Day so I decided to make my boyfriend a batch of his favorite cookies…. these snickerdoodle cookies!
My top 3 favorite type of cookies are;
1. Oatmeal Raisin
2. Chocolate Walnut
3. White Chocolate Macadamia
I’m starting to like snickerdoodle cookies a lot more now… I think I’m going to make these more often!
I had a heart shaped cutter so this was perfectly themed for the holiday!
Recipe Yields: 12 cookies
Prep Time: 35 minutes // Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup melted)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup + 6 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Cinnamon Sugar Mix: 1/4 cup sugar + 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together melted butter, sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla extract.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix together the flour, cream of tartar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- Add the flour mixture into the wet ingredients.
- Let the dough chill in the fridge for 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1/4 cup sugar and 4 teaspoons cinnamon.
- Prepare a clean surface and sprinkle some of the cinnamon sugar mixture on top.
- Remove the dough from fridge and press down (about 1 inch thick) on the clean surface.
- Sprinkle more cinnamon sugar on top of the cookie dough and cut into shapes using your cookie cutter.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes. DO NOT overbake them. When they’re out the oven, they will still still be soft – they will harden as they cool. Trust!
- Leave cookies on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before placing on a cooling rack.
They are best enjoyed within 2 days!