I’ve been on a energy ball craze. They’re simple to make. Also, it’s easy to pack nutrients into these little bites. It’s the perfect snack to hold me over during my morning workouts. I have them almost daily as a snack too!
I use oat flour, which I ground up in my own blender using whole raw oats. I also add in a nut butter of choice and maple syrup as my base. Then I change my add-ins depending on what I crave or have at home. In this recipe, I added in collagen peptides, cacao nibs and hemp seeds. They have a great source of fiber, protein and omega-3s!
Recipe Yields: 20 energy balls
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup oat flour (I grounded up oats in my blender)
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 4 scoops very berry vital proteins collagen peptides
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- In a medium bowl, combine the oat flour, cacao nibs, hemp seeds and collagen.
- Add in almond butter and maple syrup.
- Roll into balls, about 1 inch in diameter.
- Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes before serving!