I love fries. Sweet potato fries and regular fries. Shoestring. Wedges. Waffle-cut. Curly. All the shapes and sizes, I love it all!
I always have regular potatoes and sweet potatoes at home. It’s basically a staple in my household and I don’t go more than several days without having some form of a potato. My favorite way to make them is in the form of a fry or wedge!
Keep scrolling down to see my basic recipe on how I prepare my potatoes!
Btw, broiling is the secret ingredient.
Recipe Yields: 2
Prep Time: 10 minutes // Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 2 large russet potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Wash potatoes, cut them in half lengthwise, then cut each half in half lengthwise again until you get 8 wedges from each half.
- Place potatoes on your baking sheet with olive oil, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Toss all the ingredients together and make sure all the potatoes are covered in oil.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Flip and toss them halfway and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
- For the last 2 minutes, leave on broil. Make sure you watch over it because it can burn quickly. The broil creates more browning and crisp.
- Bake until lightly browned and crisp. Sprinkle with more sea salt and serve with dipping sauce of choice!