These cookies are soft, have the perfect amount of crunch from pecans & will satisfy any sweet tooth!
I always love contrasting textures in my cookies. Walnuts + chocolate. Pecans + chocolate. I made them using all-purpose flour, cane sugar, brown sugar and butter. Those are the basics of baking. It’s real food. It gives the cookies the right texture and bomb flavor!
I’ve been spending more time cooking and baking now because my 3 dietetic internship interviews are over! I’m just waiting until match day which is 2 weeks from now. I’ve been feeling very anxious but reminding myself that I shouldn’t let this result depict what I’m worth!
Onto these cookies!
After mixing all the ingredients in, here’s what the entire batter looked like before forming them into golf-sized balls!
Added some cinnamon on top after it came out the oven!
I let it cool for 5 minutes and I took my first bite in…
All the cookies!
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar lightly packed
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Using a hand mixer, mix together the cane sugar, butter, vanilla and egg in a medium bowl.
- Add in flour, baking soda and sea salt.
- Fold in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Form into 24 golf balls & slightly press down.
- Bake for 11 minutes (for 24 cookies). Once the timer goes off, take it out the oven immediately. Do not overbake! They may seem undone but will settle into soft cookies after cooling for 30 minutes on a baking rack.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired. I love cinnamon so I dusted some on top!
- *These cookies will last 3 days on your countertop if placed in an air tight container.