I had 2 pounds of sweet potatoes at home and decided to whip up a batch of sweet potato brownies yesterday! Even after baking them, I still had extra.. so I made these sweet potato ricotta quesadillas. Way to go with the leftovers! This is when I get to be creative.
It was so easy to make too! Once the sweet potatoes are all steamed, they just need to be mashed and mixed with cilantro and ricotta.
Sweet potatoes is a root vegetable and one of my favorite foods. I love them mashed (candied yams), roasted wedges in cinnamon (dipped in hummus) and steamed whole.
Sweet potato is popular in the Chinese culture. Growing up, my mom added them into soups or had it steamed for our breakfasts. It grew up being one of my favorite foods because it’s sweet! I’ve just always been a sweet tooth kind of girl. Haha, I’m starting to love savory a lot more but I go back and forth often but sweet potatoes always stay.
Anyways, I don’t think you’d want to miss out of this easy simple recipe I highly recommend!!
- 1 cups mashed sweet potato (about 1-2 medium)
- 1/4 cup tbsp cilantro
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 medium tortillas
- Peel and diced sweet potato into cubes. Steam until soft (when you can poke a fork through).
- Mash sweet potatoes.
- Add cilantro and ricotta cheese into the sweet potato mash.
- Split up the mash and add half into each tortilla.
- Fold in half and cook on a heated pan for a few minutes per side or until crispy.
- Garnish with more cilantro and ricotta on top.