Would you call me crazy if I said I use to dislike eggs? I also refused to eat any eggs that were runny. I only ate simple hardboiled eggs. Well, I’m glad that changed around because I like my eggs runny – YES I DO. I like them poached, scrambled, fried, hardboiled, etc.
Eggs are a complete protein! One large whole egg contain all nine essential amino acids. We can’t make these nine essential amino acids, so it’s ESSENTIAL we get them from foods we eat or by taking supplements. I strongly prioritize a food approach to get all our nutrients. In addition, we get about 6 grams of protein per egg. This recipe is a great nutrient packed breakfast!
Also, I’m a huge fan of runny eggs now, so you bet I LOVED it!
- 2 tsp butter*
- 2 cups butternut squash spiral noodles
- 3 pasture-raised eggs
- salt and garlic powder to taste
- Garnish: fresh cilantro, red pepper flakes, black pepper, paprika
- Heat up a pan on medium heat & coat pan w/ 2 tsp butter.
- Add in butternut squash spirals and saute with salt and garlic powder for ~1 minute to soften.
- Separate into 3 nests, leaving a hole in the middle for an egg.
- Crack 1 @vitalfarms pasture raised egg in each hole & cover pan with a piece of foil (lid works too) for 3-4 minutes until eggs are almost set.
- Remove from pan and top w/ fresh cilantro, red pepper flakes, black pepper and paprika.
- *butter, ghee or oil can be used to coat the pan