Tortillas makes some of my favorite foods. Tortilla chips, tacos, burritos and quesadillas!
I have certain phases of food when I make something over and over again. Tacos are.. well, always a phase for me. Currently, it’s been quesadillas and I’m not complaining! It’s so delicious and I can always switch it up by adding in different veggies or adding in some chicken or steak. I love foods like this where I can tailor it according to what ingredients I have at home or what I’m craving at the moment.
I also love guacamole and salsa! I need to learn how to make my own recipe (hmm, future recipe testing??). I use to work at Chipotle so I’ve made their crack Guac before. It’s SO easy and tastes amazing every time.
Anyways, here’s my super simple quesadilla recipe! Some of my favorite items to add into quesadillas are bell peppers, mushrooms and artichokes! I had extra zucchini I needed to use up so I decided to throw them in!
- 1/4 cup diced zucchini
- 1/4 cup diced bell peppers
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 small siete foods cassava flour tortillas
- guacamole and salsa on side
- Dice up zucchini and bell peppers.
- In a small pan, heat up 1 tsp oil and saute veggies for 1-2 minutes.
- Heat up a medium pan.
- Place tortilla on top, heating up both sides.
- Layer half of tortilla with zucchini, bell peppers and mozzarella cheese. Fold in half and leave on pan until crispy brown and until mozzarella cheese melts.
- Serve with side of salsa and guacamole!