This tuna sandwich recipe is a mixture of savory, crunchy, sweet and creamy. It’s so easy and delicious, you will be coming back for seconds!
Growing up, my mom would steam or bake salmon or white fish. Sometimes, she would stir fry them into vegetable dishes. Honey walnut shrimp, scallops w/ veggies and steamed tilapia. They’re all chinese dishes I saw on my table all the time! I grew up loving fish!
I enjoy seeing how people cook their fish because one of my favorite methods is baking. I love brushing it with some avocado oil and sprinkling salt and pepper. I also love honey garlic or lemon garlic fish. I didn’t get into tuna until 2 years ago when I tried canned fish!
I was also a “fresh fish” kind of girl because I grew up that way. After learning how to eat canned tuna, I changed my views on them and was determined to prove myself wrong! Well, yes I definitely did. I made this recipe and it’s SO dang easy. It’s perfect for a quick lunch of a quick weekday dinner!
- 4 slices mikeys paleo toast
- 1/2 mashed avocado
- 5 oz safecatchfoods canned tuna
- 3 tbsp avocado oil mayo
- 1/2 cup diced red + green bell peppers
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 2 tbsp sweetened cranberries
- 1/4 cup crushed walnuts
- squeeze of lemon juice
- salt + pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients except avocado together in a medium bowl.
- Toast 2 slices of bread.
- Mash 1/4 avocado on each slice of bread & then top with 1/4 cup tuna mixture.
- Top w/ more crushed walnuts if you desire a lil’ extra crunch!