Lemon bars with a shortbread crust, thick lemon curd and a slightly browned top layer! So delicious and perfect for this spring season! I added shredded coconut inside the filling and one top as well!
I’ve been in a phase where I’m making a bunch of recipes with lemons! I love lemon bars but decided to switch it up by adding in shredded coconut! This recipe has a shortbread crust, thick lemon curd and a slightly browned top later.
I’m still going strong with the lemon baked goods and have so many other recipes I have in mind!
The tops are crispy and golden because I left them in the oven for an extra 7 minutes. I loved how it made it more crispy, especially the edges. I’m a fan! The shortbread crust and taste of sweet coconut lemon curd together was just too good!
The Best Lemon Bars
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 2 cups GF all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup GF all-purpose flour
- 2 large lemons, juiced about 1/2 cup
- zest of 1 lemon very finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven 350F. prepare 9 x 13 baking pan with oil spray.
- In a medium bowl mix together coconut oil, flour and 1/2 cup sugar. Press into the bottom of baking pan.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden and firm, then remove from oven.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together eggs and lemon juice. Add in 1 1/2 cups sugar, 1/4 cup flour, lemon zest and 1/2 cup shredded coconut. Pour over the baked crust and bake for another 20 minutes in the pan.
- Allow bars to cool for about 15 minutes before cutting into squares. They will firm up as they cool!