These basically taste like a cereal bar in bite sized form. Made with cereal crisps and rolled in chocolate – this makes a delicious breakfast or snack!
When it comes to snacks, I love things with a bit of crunch. That’s why I’m a sucker for chips, crackers and nuts. Basically lots of crispy foods! These cereal bites use crispy rice cereal, which was light yet crispy with each bite. These are a great snack, breakfast or even eaten pre-workout!
The best thing is they don’t require an oven. Just 5 simple ingredients and some melted chocolate to roll in. Simple snacks like this are the ones up my alley!
I made this twice – once with crunchy almond butter, another time with creamy almond butter. They both work well! If you want to add in a little more crunch, use a crunchy almond butter!
These cereal bites were rolled up into balls, placed into the fridge and then rolled in chocolate to be placed back on it’s tray to leave in the fridge so the chocolate firms up. I crushed some extra crispy rice cereal on top to finish!
These were Jovin approved and he instantly asked for the recipe! He’s always my recipe taste taster!
I’m already thinking of making these again and doubling the batch next time! They should be left in the fridge to store!
No-Bake Chocolate Covered Almond Butter Cereal Bites
- 1/2 cup creamy or crunchy almond butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips for melting
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together almond butter, honey, cinnamon and vanilla. With your hands, mix in 1 cup crispy rice cereal.
- Roll into 9 balls and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate in a small bowl.
- Take out cereal balls from fridge and roll in chocolate. crush extra brown rice crisps on top!
- Place cereal bites back onto tray and leave in fridge for 15 minutes to firm up chocolate before enjoying!