These peanut butter banana muffins are so moist and make for a delicious snack for all ages! Made with oat flour, bananas and peanut butter!
I’ve been baking a lot with yogurt recently. The creaminess helps keep it moist and the acidity helps activate the baking soda, making it more fluffy and light!
All the ingredients I used in here are ones you probably already have in your pantry. If anything, you can easily make substitutions! I always have extra-ripe bananas in my freezer for my random desires to bake banana bread or muffins! The creamy peanut butter here can easily be replaced with almond butter or cashew butter. The oat flour can be replaced by all-purpose flour or gluten free all purpose flour!
If you have raw oats, you can place them in your blender or food processor to ground up into fine flour! It’s been hard to find oat flour because many flours are sold out in stores due to quarantine so I’ve been making my own. I actually prefer that!
Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
- 3 medium extra-ripe bananas mashed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 5.3 oz container vanilla yogurt
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. prepare muffin tin with liners and oil spray.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas, then add in eggs, creamy peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract and vanilla yogurt.
- Add in rest of ingredients and gently mix in with a spatula. If desired, fold in 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
- Add batter into each muffin liner until 3/4 full. Sprinkle optional chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 22-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool for 5 minutes in tins before removing to a cooling rack!