Made with 5 ingredients and kid-friendly! These are made with a base of 4 ingredients; banana, almond butter, oats and cinnamon. I also add in chocolate chunks here but you can personally get creative with whatever toppings you’d like!
There are so many ways to use up over-ripe bananas – banana bread, smoothies and even cookies like this! They’re gluten-free, kid friendly and only require a few ingredients you likely already have at home! If not, they’re definitely staple ingredients!
These are a delicious little nibble as a snack or breakfast in the morning! Cookies for breakfast? Say no more!
Feel free to add in your own crushed nuts, seeds, replace almond butter with peanut or cashew butter, add white chocolate chips or dried fruit. Have fun with it!
Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
- 2 extra ripe bananas mashed
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup chocolate chunks
Extra Add Ins If You Want
- Shredded coconut, dried fruit, crushed nuts
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare a baking sheet with liner.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas with a fork. Add in almond butter, rolled oats and cinnamon. Add in extra desired add-ins.
- Form into 8 balls and lightly press down onto tray about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 11 minutes or until the sides are lightly golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before moving off tray onto a cooling rack.
- Store extras in the fridge for up to 3 days!