Simple breakfast pita pizza ready in 15 minutes! Brushed with olive oil for healthy fats and a cracked egg in the center for a protein-filled breakfast!
Making pizza at home is fun to me because I get to add whatever toppings I want on top. Instead of buying pre-made pizza dough or making my own which takes forever.. I used pita bread! It holds together well and doesn’t flop! This has been one of my favorite and go-to options when I’m wanting a homemade pizza!
Of course, nothing can replace the actual pizza crust and pizza toppings but this one definitely hits differently. It’s unique and also includes an egg cracked in the center!
Breakfast Egg Pita Pizza
- 1 pita bread
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded vegan cheese or regular cheese
- 3 slices tomato
- Handful of chopped fresh basil
- 1 large egg
- Handful of arugula for topping
- Preheat oven to 425F. Prepare baking sheet with liner.
- Place pita bread on tray and brush with olive oil. Add marinara sauce and spread evenly leaving 1/2 inch on edges for the crust.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and add tomato slices. Crack egg in center. Sprinkle with fresh basil.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until egg white sets.
- When done, sprinkle arugula and dried oregano on top. Cut into 4 slices!