A simple and easy chicken fried rice recipe! So flavorful and a great alternative to your typical Chinese fried rice takeout dish!
Whenever I want to make an effortless meal and bring myself back to my Asian roots, I make fried rice. I always have some frozen veggies in my freezer for easy meals like this.
I used 1 day old fried rice for this recipe. I made everything exactly the same way as my Garlic Turkey Fried Rice recipe, but just subbed it for chicken breast in this recipe.
Hope you enjoy this delicious recipe!! It’s one of my go-to recipes when I have leftover rice!
Chicken Fried Rice
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb chicken diced
- 2 cups frozen vegetables peas, carrots, corn, green beans
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp green onions and more to garnish
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds to garnish
- In a large wok, add sesame oil and cook egg. Remove from pan and leave to side.
- Add more sesame oil to wok and cook garlic until fragrant, then add diced chicken to cook for 3-4 minutes until no longer pink. Add in frozen vegetables and cook until thawed.
- Turn down to low heat. Add in cooked rice, egg, soy sauce, sesame oil and green onions. Stir until all combined. Garnish with extra green onions and sesame seeds on top!