Each bite is filled with melty chocolate and nutty walnut crunch! These are simple to make with just a few required ingredients! These are soft-baked and smells amazing fresh out the oven!
I added in cornstarch, which is a thickening agent! It helps make the cookie a bit thicker by tenderizing the protein in flour. It also helps bake into a soft-baked cookie with a crisp outside!
This entire batch makes 18 cookies! But trust me, it won’t last long!
Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup ghee or butter softened
- 1 cup coconut sugar can be replaced with regular sugar
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1 egg + 1 yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts crushed
- In a large bowl, mix together four, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, cream together ghee/butter and sugar until fluffy. Add egg and yolk and vanilla.
- Add wet into dry ingredients bowl. Gently fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Refrigerate for minimum 30 minutes.
- While refrigerating, preheat oven to 350F and prepare baking sheet. After 30 minutes, roll cookie batter into 1 1/2” balls.
- Bake for for 12-14 minutes or until cookies slightly brown on top.