Healthy & decadent banana bread great for busy mornings and snacking! Gluten-free and dairy-free but still packed with flavor! There are chocolate chunks melted into the loaf and also a hard shell topping when cooled!
Banana bread is one of those year round recipes for me! There’s the comfort for a warm loaf during the fall/winter and also a sweet + bright feeling from a fresh loaf during the spring/summer!
This loaf was packed with chocolate chunks. I used the brand Hu Kitchen. I added 1/2 cup into the batter and also another 1/2 cup on top. When the loaf cooled, the chocolate on top formed a chocolate shell topping. So good with each bite!
This bread is great for a quick breakfast with your morning coffee or even as a snack mid-day! This is one of those snacks I have when I’m craving something sweet after a meal or when 3 pm hits.
This is a recipe you wouldn’t want to miss! Recipe below 🙂
Double Chocolate Chunk Banana Bread (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free)
- 3 medium overripe bananas mashed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks, more for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare loaf pan with spray or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bow, mash 3 bananas with a fork.
- Whisk in eggs, almond milk, coconut oil and vanilla.
- Add in almond flour, oat flour, coconut sugar, cacao powder, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt – mix together.
- Toss in chocolate chunks and gently incorporate.
- Transfer to loaf pan and top with more chocolate chunks. Bake for 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.