These brownies are SO rich and fudgy! Walnuts are mixed into the batter for a perfect crunch in each bite. Made in one bowl and takes less than 30 minutes to make!
I had a long phase of baking sweet breads, cookies and now, I’m on brownie and cake bar phase. These walnut brownies has been one of my favorites so far! They were so fudgy, chewy and thick. The crackly top is from whipping together the eggs and sugar until the mixture turns a lighter color, which changes the texture as well. While baking, the top layer will slightly pull away from the fudgy base, creating an air pocket, leading to the crackly top!
It’s the little things that change a recipes consistency, texture or even look. It’s really a trial and error process when it comes to baking and cooking! I’m still learning so much and that’s why I look recipe testing so much. To me, I like to experiment with ingredients that aren’t common or harder to work with. For example, coconut flour or almond flour! I personally love the more nutty taste which is why I tend to prefer those nutty flours 🙂
Okay, back to these brownies. They are a must try! Jovin, my ultimate taste tester, loved them! I’m someone who goes for the side pieces because they are more crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. I always eat a side piece as a first, and save one for last. Gotta start with the best and end with the best y’know?? 😉
It’s already 4 months of staying at home so I hope you all are staying safe and well! Hang in there <3 No matter what you are going, it is all for a purpose!
Sending love to you all! And this delicious walnut brownie recipe 🙂
Fudgy and Chewy Walnut Brownies
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup GF all-purpose flour regular all purpose works too
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup crushed walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare 8×8 baking pan with oil spray or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whip together eggs and coconut sugar until fluffy. Add in almond butter, coconut oil and vanilla.
- Stir in flour, cacao powder, baking powder and sea salt.
- Fold in crushed walnuts and transfer batter into baking tray.
- Top with extra 1/4 cup walnuts and bake for 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into 16 squares!