Made with warming spices, molasses and brown sugar! These gingerbread muffins are moist, light and simple this holiday season!
I’m currently obsessed with these muffins! They have a touch of a variety of fall spices – cinnamon, cloves, ginger and nutmeg! This recipe is not complex at all! It’s simple, light and so fluffy!
These are great to make ahead of time for mornings, snacks and even for your kids!
Without further ado, scroll down for the recipe!
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsulphured molasses
- 1/4 cup coconut oil softened
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare muffin tin with liners and oil spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together flours, baking soda, cinnamon, clove, ginger, ground nutmeg and sea salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together egg, vanilla, brown sugar, molasses and coconut oil.
- Add dry ingredients into wet ingredient bowl and mix together.
- Transfer into muffin tins until 3/4 full. Bake for 30 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean!
- Allow muffins to cool in the muffin tin for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack for 10 minutes!