A great way to use up leftover rice into something delicious! This recipe has frozen peas, corns, carrots and green beans. You can use up any veggies you have in the fridge for this easy recipe!
A simple recipe that comes together quickly! Fried rice is one of my favorite ways to use up rice that has been in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Leftover rice is ideal for fried rice because fresh rice will not fry well. Cooled and chilled rice gets crispier when cooked in the skillet!
Ground Beef Fried Rice
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cups frozen veggies peas, carrots, green beans, corn
- 1/2 cup edamame
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 large eggs
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce more to taste
- 1/4 cup green onions chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil more for cooking
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Preheat a pan to medium heat with sesame oil. Add ground beef and cook until no longer pink.
- Push ground beef to one side of pan and add in garlic, frozen veggies and edamame. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Push veggies to the same side as ground beef and crack in two eggs. Scramble on the side until fully cooked.
- Add in cooked rice, soy sauce and sesame oil to toss. Stir in 1/4 cup chopped green onions/chives and top with sesame seeds for garnish.