Filled with fresh shrimp, carrots, cucumber, mint, cilantro, basil and lettuce in rice paper! So flavor and light! Perfect for a side of appetizer!
I crave spring rolls pretty often whenever I go to a Vietnamese restaurant! It’s the perfect appetizer while waiting for my main entree to come! The ones packed with crunchy veggies and fresh shrimp are my favorite! These are so flavorful with the herbs mint, cilantro and basil!
Rolling can be a challenge, but it just takes practice. I remember when I tried it for the first time… it looked like a disaster! I have a video on my Instagram post which shows I rolled it up! I owe it to working at Chipotle back in my college days – that’s where I learned my burrito rolling skills which has been pretty much a life skill to me now, haha!
Shrimp Summer Rolls
- 1 lb cooked shrimp
- 4 oz vermicelli noodles
- 1 large carrot peeled and cut
- 1 cucumber sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh packed mint leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- Butter lettuce leaves
Nước Chấm: fish dipping sauce
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup warm warer
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- Prepare dipping sauce and leave to side.
- Bring a medium pot of water to boil, then add shrimp to cook for 2 minutes or until shrimp turns pink.
- Prepare vermicelli noodles according to package instructions. Drain and leave to side.
- Add warm water to a low shallow bowl. Prepare carrots, cucumber, mint, cilantro, basil and lettuce leaves.
- Wet rice paper sheet and add 3 pieces shrimp, vermicelli and fresh veggies and roll up.
- These are best served immediately. Serve with dipping sauce!