Classic eggs benedict but with a vegan hollandaise sauce without egg yolks or cream, but just as delicious! This english muffin, avocado, salmon and poached egg combo will make you feel like you’re eating fancy for breakfast!
This is one of those brunch dishes I always order when I’m out but haven’t made at home until now! Hollandaise usually contains cream and/or egg yolk so I recreated it without either. I used ghee, but you can also sub vegan butter!
Whenever I’m out at a brunch restaurant, I feel so fancy with an eggs benny but now I can feel that way from home! This combo is actually easier than you would expect! I made extras of the sauce so it would last several breakfasts!
Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict with Vegan Hollandaise
- 1 english muffin halved
- 2 sliced tomatoes
- 2 oz smoked salmon
- 2 eggs poached
- 1/2 cup avocado oil mayonnaise i used primalkitchenfoods
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter/ghee melted
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- pinch of pepper
- Add all sauce ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Don’t boil, heat until just incorporated and mix. When done, remove from heat.
- Toast English muffins. Add avocado on top, sliced tomato, smoked salmon and then the poached eggs on top. Drizzle hollandaise on top. Sprinkle optional red pepper flakes.
- Break open poached eggs and enjoy!
- Bring pot of water with 1 tbsp vinegar to boil – any type of vinegar works.
- Crack eggs into individual small bowls. When water is boiling, remove lid, turn off heat and use a spoon to swirl water in circles a few rounds. Gently add in eggs. Cover with lid for 3 minutes, do NOT open lid. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on top of english muffins!