Super soft and fluffy pancakes made with mashed sweet potato and whole wheat flour! This recipe is nutritious and made with simple ingredients you probably already have in your pantry!
There are a lot of foods I want for breakfast but one option I find myself craving when I have a little extra time, is fluffy pancakes!
More often than not, breakfast would be toasts or a bagel/english muffin. I’m stocked up with a bunch of bread in my freezer! It’s also just the easiest option in terms of preparation!
I steamed a sweet potato for a recipe the other day so I decided to mash some into pancakes for a new recipe! There are some sweet potato bits in the batter for some extra texture 🙂 You can see it in the photo – there’s little pieces of sweet potato in there!
I have sweet potatoes all year round but it’s definitely more abundant in my diet during the fall season. Some other sweet potatoes I like are Murasaki sweet potato and white yams!
Nutrition Facts of Sweet Potatoes
Sweet potatoes are a rich source of fiber and contain many vitamins and minerals! It’s most abundant in vitamin A! Beta-carotene is whats in the sweet potato, which turns into vitamin A in the body. Vitamin A is beneficial for healthy skin and good eye health!
Ingredients I Used
Whole Wheat Flour – WW flour is high in nutrients and fiber. It’s made with whole grains that have not been bleached or processed.
Collagen – This is the building block of our bodies, helping with glowing skin, joint health, nail and hair health. The collagen powder I used is from Vital Proteins, made from grass-fed, pasture-raised bovine hides. I use the unflavored one in some of my baking, pancakes and waffles!
Coconut Sugar – My sweetener of choice! You can substitute this with cane sugar or granulated sugar.
Mashed Sweet Potato – The star of the show in the recipe! You can also use canned sweet potato puree!
Almond Milk – Milk helps improve the texture and mouthfeel of baked foods. It also helps create a strong enough batter!
Coconut Oil – When it comes to baking or sweet breakfast recipes, I always use coconut oil to add more flavor and coconut flavors into my foods! It smells amazing when the pancakes are cooking in the coconut oil!
Fluffy Sweet Potato Pancakes
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour can sub all-purpose or oat flour
- 1 scoop collagen optional
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup mashed sweet potato
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup almond milk can sub regular milk or other plant based milk
- 1 tbsp coconut oil for cooking
- In a medium bowl, mix together oat flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and sea salt.
- Add in mashed sweet potato, egg and almond milk.
- Preheat pan to low-medium heat with coconut oil. add in batter about 3-4 tbsp at a time. when bubbling, flip over to cook until both sides are golden brown, about 1-2 minutes. Remove from pan and repeat with remaining batter!