This creamy avocado sauce goes well tossed into pastas, in tacos or as a dip for kabobs! It’s a simple recipe made by blending all the ingredients into a blender or food processor. It’s dairy-free, vegan and only takes 5 minutes to make!
I had several avocados that ripened all at the same time so I’ve been eating lots of avocado toast to use them up before they go bad. Fully ripe avocados can be placed in the fridge to be kept well for another 3-4 days! I used one to make this recipe for my pasta which was so smooth and creamy!
The ingredients used are an entire avocado, a lemon, nutritional yeast, avocado oil, baby spinach and minced garlic. These ingredients were all blended together with some salt and pepper!
This sauce has a great creamy flavor from the avocado and rich flavor from the olive oil. It can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 days in an airtight container. I doubt it will last that long though because you’d want to use them in all your favorite savory meals, trust!
I recommend to follow the recipe amounts here or double it if you know you will be using it up quickly! Since there is avocado in here, it will not last as long as other sauce recipes. If using for future recipes, quickly mix together the sauce before tossing it with your dishes.
The bright green color comes from the spinach! Without the spinach, it would be a more pale green color, closer to a pastel green from avocado itself.
A sauce high in monounsaturated fats and packed with flavor, ready to be tossed with your favorite savory meals!
I tossed it with bowtie chickpea pasta, tempeh, broccolini, grape tomatoes and baby spinach. Topped with red pepper flakes!
Creamy Avocado Pasta
- 16 oz pasta of choice i used bowtie
- 2 tsp avocado oil
- 1 package tempeh cubed, about 8 oz
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1 cup broccolini
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1 ripe avocado halved and seeded
- 1/4 cup avocado oil olive oil works as well
- 1/4 cup spinach
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp minced garlic about 2 cloves
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- pinch of black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- In a medium pan, preheat with avocado oil and saute tempeh, grape tomatoes, broccolini and baby spinach together.
- To make sauce, add entire avocado, avocado oil, spinach, nutritional yeast, minced garlic and lemon juice into a blender or food processor until smooth, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss veggies and tempeh with pasta. Toss in avocado sauce and top pasta dish with crushed red pepper flakes!